Skip to main content

At Aspect, we are committed to creating a safe and supportive environment for our participants, students, families and staff. We want to make it easy for anyone to voice concerns about unethical behaviour, safety issues, or any form of misconduct without fear of retaliation.

What is whistleblowing?

Whistleblowing is when a person tells someone about something they have seen or heard that they believe is wrong.

Who can be a Whistleblower?

  • A student or participant of an Aspect service
  • A family member, carer, advocate or guardian of a student or participant at Aspect
  • A staff member at Aspect
  • A supplier of Aspect
  • A director
  • A relative or dependant of any of the above people

Who is an eligible recipient?

The NDIS Act and the Corporations Act outline various 'eligible recipients' for qualifying disclosures, both internal and external to Aspect.

An internal eligible recipient could be:

  • a member of the Executive or management team
  • a Board member
  • an auditor, or a member of an audit team conducting an audit

An external eligible recipient could be:

What is the process for Whistleblowing at Aspect?

There are a number of ways in which you can whistle blow at Aspect.

  • Speak to an eligible recipient or
  • Make a report through Your Call, Aspect’s confidential and external reporting service. You can choose to remain anonymous.

Unless otherwise requested by the discloser, Your Call will provide a report on the disclosure to Aspect’s Nominated Officers.

Can I remain anonymous?

If you wish to remain anonymous, please use the Your Call service option listed above to make your report. If you are an Eligible Whistleblower and your complaint concerns a Disclosable Matter, you are under no obligation to disclose your identity, and may make a qualifying disclosure anonymously or using a pseudonym.

Am I protected?

Yes. Both the NDIS Act and Corporations Act offer protection for whistleblowers, to allow for whistleblowers to make qualifying disclosures without fear of retribution or personal detriment.

Will I get feedback?

Yes, you will be kept updated throughout the process, how your report is tracking and what the final outcome is.

What if I need support to make a report?

If you need support to make a report, it would be best to contact Your Call via 1300 790 2228 and talk to a consultant. They will assist you and answer any questions you may have.

If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can contact Your Call online or through the National Relay Service. Simply choose your contact method at and request Your Call’s hotline 1300 790 2228

If you have difficulty speaking or understanding English, contact us through the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) 131 450 and ask for Your Call on 1300 790 2228