Aspect Early Intervention Readiness Program in the NSW Hunter region
The period immediately following a child’s diagnosis with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is often a confronting and confusing time for families. It can be difficult for families to find the information they need to help them better understand their child’s diagnosis and learn which support and early childhood intervention options are available.
To address the support needs of families during this time, the Greater Charitable Foundation have funded the Aspect Early Intervention Readiness Program (EIRP).
This program aims to provide families with region-specific information and ongoing practical support to help prepare them for their child’s transition into appropriate services that will enhance their future learning potential.
Families who participate in the Aspect EIRP will gain:
- Understanding of their child’s ASD diagnosis and associated learning needs;
- Awareness of early intervention, education and support service options;
- Recognition of funding entitlements;
- Support to access appropriate services;
- Enhanced ability to make independent decisions about services for their child and family; and
- Knowledge of practical strategies to help support their child’s communication, behaviour and learning at home.
The EIRP is available to eligible families in the Hunter region of NSW.
For further information about the EIRP (including eligibility criteria) please click here to view the program brochure or call 0419 976 799.