Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is the country’s largest not-for-profit autism specific service provider. Aspect builds confidence and capacity in people with an autism spectrum disorder, their families and communities by providing information, education and other services.
Established in 1966, Aspect’s specialised evidence-based autism educational program is among the largest in the world. Evidence based practises underpin the Aspect Comprehensive Educational Approach. This approach includes key elements from developmental, social, behavioural, sensory and family based interventions.
Aspect high quality professional services are now available in Victoria.
Aspect Building Blocks®
Aspect Building Blocks is our specialist support service for young children with autism spectrum disorders. Aspect has over 25 years experience delivering best practice intervention and support services to young children and continues to pioneer the development of autism specific early childhood services.
Aspect’s Building Blocks service is:
- Specifically designed to meet the needs of children with autism spectrum disorders
- Family centred, responsive to families’ priorities for their children, and building on each family's capacity to promote their children’s learning and development
- Delivered by specialist staff such as speech and language pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists and early childhood special educators
- Based upon current research evidence about best practice for services for children with autism spectrum disorders
Aspect Building Blocks programs
Aspect Building Blocks works with families and their networks to develop and deliver programs that are individually designed to the needs of each child.
- Development of joint attention and imitation
- Functional play skills
- Development of communication skills
- Daily living skills promoting participation and independence
- Development of social interaction skills
- Behavioural interventions
- Sensory interventions
- Support in the first year/s of school
Services may be provided at Aspect Victoria's offices, in the child’s home, or in other community and educational settings such as children’s centres, kindergartens and schools.
Children with an autism spectrum disorders may be using a range of early childhood services and Aspect Building Blocks works with and complement these services.
Families may choose to use Australian Government Helping Children With Autism funding for Aspect Building Blocks programs.
Aspect Building Blocks in Victoria
Aspect Building Blocks programs are available across the northern and western suburbs of Melbourne.
Suite 2B, Level 2, 12 Hall Street
(PO Box 1115)
Moonee Ponds VIC 3039
Phone: 03 9377 6600
Fax: 03 9372 8761